with Ravi Zacharias…
Archive for the ‘Christianity’ Category
Posted in Bibliography, Books, Christianity, Doctrine & Theology, Eternal Life, Hell, Jesus Christ, Salvation, tagged Bibliography, Books, Doctrine, Eternal Life, Exclusivism, Hell, Inclusivism, Jesus Christ, Pluralism, Salvation, Theology on May 9, 2012 | Leave a Comment »
- Do you have to believe in Jesus Christ to be saved?
- What about those who’ve never heard of Jesus… that innocent native in Africa?
- Is there salvation outside of the Christian faith?
- Do people really go to hell?
- Etc., etc., etc.
These are tough questions and they’re asked all the time. In fact, on the Board of Ordained Ministry here in Florida, we ask a similar question or two in hopes of getting our candidates to wrestle with such things. Certainly, they’ll be asked these kinds of questions in the churches they serve.
Below is a helpful bibliography to serve you in addressing these topics. To be sure, such questions require more thought and time than is usually offered on a television talk show. Perhaps a few of the books below will help inform you for your own edification as well as equip you to share what you learn with others.
- Eternity in Their Hearts by Don Richardson
- Foolishness to the Greeks by Lesslie Newbigin
- The Gospel in a Pluralist Society by Lesslie Newbegin
- The Apostolic Imperative by Carl Braaten
- Hell: The Logic of Damnation by Jerry Walls
- Universalism and the Doctrine of Hell, edited by Nigel M. de S. Cameron
- Sense and Nonsense About Heaven and Hell by Ken Boa and Robert Bowman
- Hell Under Fire, edited by Christopher Morgan and Robert Peterson
- Christian Faith & Other Faiths by Stephen Neill
- Salvation Tomorrow by Stephen Neill
- The Problem of Pluralism by Jerry Walls
- What About Those Who Have Never Hard? Three Views, edited by John Sanders
- Four Views on Salvation in a Pluralistic World, edited by Dennis Okholm and Timothy Phillips
- Truth in Religion by Mortimer Adler
- The Supremacy of Christ by Ajith Fernando
- Through No Fault of Their Own? edited by William Crockett and James Sigountos
- How Shall They Be Saved? by Millard Erickson
- Who Will Be Saved? edited by Paul House and Gregory Thornbury
- The Other Side of the Good News by Larry Dixon
- The Population of Heaven by Ramesh Richard
- One God, One Lord, edited by Andrew Clarke and Bruce Winter
- No Other Gospel! by Carl Braaten
- Christ Among Other gods by Erwin Lutzer
- Is Jesus the Only Savior? by Ronald Nash
- Is Jesus the Only Savior? by James Edwards
- Jesus Among Other Gods by Ravi Zacharias
- The Supremacy of Jesus by Stephen Neill
- Dissonant Voices by Harold Netland
- Encountering Religious Pluralism by Harold Netland
- Jesus Under Fire, edited by Michael Wilkins and J.P. Moreland
- Truth to Tell: The Gospel as Public Truth by Lesslie Newbigin
Posted in America, Christian History, Christian Living, Christian Witness, Christianity, Culture, Eternal Life, Ethics, Evangelism, Faith Once Delivered, Francis Schaeffer, Idolatry, Kingdom of God, Philosophy, Salt and Light, The Church, Truth, Western Civilization, Worldview, tagged Culture, Ethics, Francis Schaeffer, How Should We Then Live, Philosophy, Theology, Truth, Western Civilization, Worldview on March 27, 2012 | Leave a Comment »
Posted in Christian Witness, Christianity, Ethics, Francis Schaeffer, Western Civilization, Worldview, tagged Christianity, Ethics, Francis Schaeffer, How Should We Then Live, Western Civilization, Worldview on March 21, 2012 | Leave a Comment »
Posted in Apologetics, Christianity, Jesus Christ, Resurrection, Truth, Worldview, tagged Apologetics, Christianity, Fact, Jesus Christ, Reasonable Faith, Resurrection, Truth, William Lane Criag, Worldview on March 18, 2012 | Leave a Comment »