for Mother’s Day
- A Tribute to Our Mothers by Jerry Vines at Sermon Search.com
- Here’s a great and funny list to celebrate Mother’s Day…
1. The later you stay up, the earlier your child will wake up the next morning.
2. The gooier the food, the more likely it is to end up on the carpet.
3. The longer it takes you to make a meal, the less your child will like it.
4. A sure way to get something done is to tell a child not to do it.
5. For a child to become clean, something else must become dirty.
6. Toys multiply to fill any space available.
7. Yours is always the only child who doesn’t behave.
8. If the shoe fits . . . it’s expensive.
9. Backing the car out of the driveway causes your child to have to go to the bathroom.
National Day of Prayer
- What’s the big deal about the National Day of Prayer? Kyle Barthelson at the Manhattan Declaration offers an answer.
- The folks at All Pro Dad offer some good tips on how to argue with your child(ren).
- Tim Kimmel shares a very thoughtful and balanced perspective on the issue of kids’ sports on Sunday.
- John Maxwell is offering some of his great books to young readers. Perhaps you can find the perfect graduation gift for someone. While it’s still a few years away, my kids will be reading these books before they graduate from high school.
The Persecuted Church
- Pray specifically about our brothers and sisters in other lands that are being persecuted for following Jesus.
Theology and Doctrine
- Is God Glad That Osama bin Laden is Dead? John Piper answers this question.
- Some helpful thoughts about forgiveness at Tim Challies blog
- I love this post by Ed Welch at CCEF on Good People Who Do Bad Things.